RB3 Cache Exporter (Song Booklet) Tool
Rock Band 3 maintains a song cache containing information about every song you own. This tool looks at
that cache and pulls out the information, giving you (hopefully) everything you need for a song booklet
without having to check off which songs you own on a website. Right now it can only produce tab-delimited
sets of data for use in Excel/etc., but Excel is actually pretty good for song booklets! If you've never
made things look pretty in Excel, Google around for "excel print formatting".
This tool displays the correct number of vocals parts for songs with harmony upgrades from the
Rock Band Harmonies Project.
How to use:
- If it's not already there, move your song cache from your hard drive to a flash drive. Its official
name is Rock Band 3 Song Cache.
- Using Party Buffalo or a similar tool, extract the song cache from the flash drive. Put it wherever.
- Your cache should now be a file on your PC like any other file. It's currently a CON file, though;
CON files are packages (almost like ZIP or RAR), and we want the tasty caramel center inside the CON.
- Download Le Fluffie for RB3 or another CON
manipulation program. Open the CON file and extract the "songcache" file inside, which should be the
only file in there. You can now delete the CON (the file from step 2) if you want.
- On this page, attach the newly-extracted inner cache file, pick the columns and options you want,
and click Create.
- If you picked XLS as the file extension, Excel will warn you that it's not a proper Excel file. You
can ignore that warning.
Still to come:
- PDF generation, with various formatting options
- More "calculated" columns like "Has Keys"? Let me know if you have any requests!